Hi, neighbors! I am continuing to work to make Capitol Hill Kid a trusted resource for information on Capitol Hill kids’ activities. I’m doing weekly updates about the blog to track my own progress and to let you know what’s new.
Here’s what I accomplished in the past week:
- I updated the Activities/Classes for Parents and Parents-to-Be with newly discovered activities: East Side Yoga, which offers prenatal yoga and a birth preparation partner workshop, and Fit4Mom’s “Our Village” Playgroup.
- I updated the Activities/Classes for Babies and Activities/Classes for Toddlers and Preschoolers lists with more newly discovered activities: Makeshift, an arts space near H Street NE that offers art and music classes, and a children’s story hour at Politics and Prose at Union Market.
- I posted five new blog posts: Moms in the House–They’re Just Like Us!, Sesame Street Family Festival, June 8, a weekend review, a weekend roundup, and Back on the Scene With Kids’ Shows at Pie Shop DC.
- I figured out how to do blog post excerpts instead of displaying the whole post on the homepage.
- I added Archives, Popular Pages and Popular Posts to the right sidebar.
- I started working with a graphics designer on a logo and site icon for this site. I hope to have those displayed here maybe as soon as next week.
- I got accounts for Capitol Hill Kid at Facebook and Twitter (but have not set them up yet).
That’s it for this week. I plan to keep growing and improving this site. Please get in touch at email@example.com if you have any suggestions for me.