This week I am reporting exciting developments:
- I released a Summer Camps on the Hill list! Although it’s in draft, I think it’s already the best and most complete list of Hill camps available. I want to make sure the list is totally comprehensive before I officially debut it. It is “under review,” as I await edits from some kid business owners.
- I installed a new WordPress theme! This theme is Penscratch, and it looks far better than before. I was struggling with theme, and finally I asked the WordPress Happiness Engineers, available 24/7 via chat, and they pointed me in the right direction. WordPress support is amazing.
- I updated lists. For example, I added the National Museum of American History’s Wegmans Wonderplace to the Babies list, the Toddlers/Preschoolers list, and the Free list. I also updated the Toddlers list with additional offerings from the Smithsonian’s Early Enrichment Center.
- I posted nine new blog posts, mostly kid activity news/announcements but also one longer review: Free and Awesome: Story Time at Southeast Library.
- I sent emails out to friends and community businesses to spread the word about Capitol Hill Kid and get feedback. I’ve received a lot of useful comments and ideas for future resources. Thank you!!
That’s it for now. We’ll see where the next week takes CHK, as I continue to work to be a resource for info on kids’ activities and summer camps on the Hill.