Happy Father’s Day Weekend to all the Hill dads! It looks to be a clear weekend, perfect for firing up the grill. Here are more ideas for family fun–including music and sports–for your fatherly consideration:
- Nationals vs D-backs on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday’s game is Star Wars-themed with an Obi “Sean” Kenobi bobblehead giveaway. Tickets.
- Free Father’s Day Stroller Strides Family Class, Saturday, 10 a.m.-noon, Canal Park. Kick off Father’s Day weekend with a family workout. Follow it up with brunch and beer at Bluejacket. Tickets.
- DC JazzFest at the Wharf, Saturday and Sunday. Shows by accomplished jazz musicians on three stages at 3 p.m. each day. Free.
- The Rock and Roll Playhouse Plays the Music of the Grateful Dead for Kids: Father’s Day Celebration, Sunday, 2 p.m., Gypsy Sally’s. The Rock and Roll Playhouse band offers families with children age 10 and under games, movement, stories and an opportunity to rock out. Tickets.
- DC Way Soccer Festival, Saturday, 3-5 p.m., Tyler Elementary. Kids and parents compete in fun soccer activities, such as an obstacle course, sharpshooters game, accuracy contest and kids vs. parents games. Free, sign up.
Have a great weekend, Dads!