Hi neighbors! Capitol Hill Kid is sitting up, rolling over and smiling big! CHK turned 5 months old on Aug. 27, a small milestone that was greatly overshadowed by a much bigger one: AJ’s 3rd birthday! Related to that, I will have upcoming posts about birthday cakes and birthday party venues soon (maybe today?).
Here’s how CHK grew in the past month:
- Published a new list: Day-Off Camps on the Hill, which joined the pre-existing Summer Camps on the Hill, which had a significant update this past month based on reader feedback. Both lists are found under the main menu page, Camps on the Hill. I am planning additional lists specific to winter break, February break and spring break.
- Published a popular post: Fall Fever: Festivals on (or Near) the Hill. Check it out to learn more about the DC State Fair (this Sunday, Sept. 8!) and more.
- Highlighted the fall offerings at several kid-focused local businesses, including Arts for Young Audiences at Atlas Theater, Boogie Babes, Camp Shenanigans, Elemeno, Makeshift and Studio One Dance.
- Increased social media following: CHK now has 225 followers on Facebook (up from 198 a month ago) and 114 followers on Twitter (up from 106).
I checked one big thing off of my to-do list from last month, which was the Day-Off Camps list, and I have another one in the works, the Birthday Party Venues list. Here are remaining items on my mind …
- Day Cares on the Hill
- Donations on the Hill
- Activities/Classes for Elementary Age
If you have any ideas, news or thoughts to share, please send them my way: firstname.lastname@example.org.