You’ll want to mark these on your calendar: The 11th annual Intersections Festival at Atlas features several “Family Fun Days” among its more than 50 performances and events. A lot of the family fun is free, including an art workshop with Makeshift and concerts by Mr. Skip and Culture Queen. Here are the details:
Friday, Feb. 21-Sunday, March 1
- Imagination Stage’s Mouse on the Move: A tale of two mice ready for an adventure. Best for ages 1-5. Multiple showtimes. Read more/get tickets.
Saturday, Feb. 22
- Friendlier Fables and Thoughtful Tales: Your favorite kid stories, told with kinder twists. All ages. 9:15-10:15 a.m. Read more/get tickets.
- Mr. Skip in Concert: Beloved children’s entertainer Mr. Skip performs. All ages. 10 a.m. Free.
- Creation Station with Happy Little Art Studio: Do a kid-friendly craft for our community art installation, led by the art educators at Happy Little Art Studio. All ages. 10 a.m.-noon. Free.
- Instrument Petting Zoo with Capital City Symphony: Kids 3+ can see instruments up close, meet musicians, hear the instruments played and even give the instruments a try. 11:30 a.m. Free.
Sunday, Feb. 23
- “The Lost World”: A silent film fantasy adventure about dinosaurs, based on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novel. 4-5:30 p.m. Tickets, $14-20
- Kid-Friendly Free Workshop: Make your own stop-motion animation movie sequence after seeing “The Lost World.” 5:30 p.m. Free.
Saturday, Feb. 29
- Creation Station with Makeshift: Do a kid-friendly craft for our community art installation, led by the art educators at Makeshift. All ages. 10 a.m.-noon. Free.
- Culture Queen in Concert: Be inspired and entertained by the Culture Queen and her rich storytelling and self-affirming songs. All ages. 11 a.m. Free.
See Atlas Family Fun Days for more details. Atlas Performing Arts Center is at 1333 H St NE.