As of 7 p.m., DC has five new positive cases for total of 22. In case you missed it, the mayor ordered restaurants and bars closed, except for takeout/delivery. More news for Hill families (not all bad, with some good stuff at the end): Labyrinth closes store but continues curbside pickup, Capitol Hill Classic is postponed to fall, Capitol Hill Books offers private appointments for shopping, East City Bookshop closes and focuses on pickup/delivery. More:
- Labyrinth Game Shop announced tonight that it will temporarily close its sales floor starting tomorrow. Labyrinth was closed today because it regularly is closed on Mondays. Labyrinth is offering curbside pickup and looking into offering shopping by appointment and delivery.
- The Capitol Hill Classic, which was to be held May 17, is postponed. Organizers intend to announce a new date in fall 2020.
- The Cherry Blossom 10-Mile Run, which was to be held April 2, has been canceled.
- Capitol Hill Books is shifting to private appointments for shopping.
- East City Bookshop closed its store and is focusing on pickup and delivery options.
- Fit4Mom takes the fun and fitness online.
- Peak bloom: Cherry Blossoms Reach Penultimate Stage, “Puffy White,” With Peak Bloom Likely in a Few Days (The Washington Post)
- You can support your fave local businesses by buying gift cards from them online or by phone. You can support your fave out-of-work servers and bartenders with the Virtual Tip Jar.
- Shamrock hunt: A no-contact, family fun idea–Draw, paint, decorate a large shamrock, cut it out and put it in your window. Kids will go out to search for and count shamrocks.
Stay healthy, neighbors!
More neighborhood news on kids and coronavirus: