You don’t need to go to the Tidal Basin to see cherry blossoms, as this cool map shows. This could be a fun weekend activity for the family: In conjunction with your Flower Hunt, find these trees, take pictures and look for the differences among the types.
While the map pinpoints a lot of trees, it is not comprehensive. It displays trees inventoried or planted by Casey Trees or the Urban Forestry Division, and the inventory is ongoing, so data on some parks may be missing. It also doesn’t show the trees on private and residential properties.
More neighborhood news on kids and coronavirus:
- News and Notes: School Announcement, Takeout/Delivery Lists, Fun Stuff and More
- Flower Hunt: New No-Contact Neighborhood Activity
- News Briefs: Labyrinth, Capitol Hill Classic, Bookstores and More
- Fit4Mom Takes the Fun and Fitness Online
- Restaurants Ordered to Close, Takeout/Delivery to Continue
- Staying In and Social Distancing With Kids: Helpful Reads